Time and place
Start date: 15-08-2019 End date: 19-09-2019
Time: 20.30 – 21.45
Location: Idrætsfabrikken, Valdemarsgade 12, 1665 Copenhagen V
Minimum level requirement
This is an intermediate level class.
- You have at least 6 months of active dancing with plenty of swing-out miles and solid 8-count dancing technique under the belt – regular classes and social dancing (at least 2 rounds of beginners-intermediate at Hepcats + regular social dancing)
- You can dance both 6- and 8-count and switch easily between the two
- The class will be suited for everyone who has their basic 8-count lead/follow technique in place and an eagerness to learn new cool stuff
- We expect you to practice during the week when possible
Prior dancing at Hepcats is not a requirement; we welcome all Lindy Hoppers as long as you meet the requirements outlined above.
If you are a more experienced dancer – you too are heartily welcome. Come and challenge yourself – go back to basics and have fun with the dance.
‘Spins, Turn, & Balance’
Lindy Hop variations often involve some kind of spinning or turning. It looks easy, but it can be quite a challenge to keep the balance, direction and rhythm – for leads as well as followers.
If you as a follower have ever experienced difficulty keeping your balance or completing all those spins on your own, as a lead always wanted to make a spin on your own – or if you just want to add new variations and techniques to your swing dance variation vocabulary, this class is for you!
Join this class to learn the difference between spins and turns (they are two different things!) and work on techniques to make each of them work without getting dizzy or losing your balance.
You will learn how to lead and follow spins and turns, as well as to work on fun and cool variations using the techniques taught.
We aim at getting everyone spinning and turning while keeping the basics in place.
We will work on:
- Individual spin technique, clock and counter-clockwise
- Individual turn technique, clock and counter-clockwise
- Jazz steps with turns and spins
- Partner lead/follow technique
- Balance technique – individual and with a partner
- Slow and fast Lindy Hop variations with spins & turns
- Social dancing aspects
- And much more….
Let’s dance and have fun together!
Sign up and swing out…! Bring good mood and a spare t-shirt. See you in swing-land!
Signing up with a partner
Write your partners email address in the “with a partner” box when signing up. Please note that your partner must also register separately for the same class and note your email on their order.
We offer a 20% Student discount. Add the coupon code “student” at check-out.
If you take more than one class in the same round of classes, you will get the second class for only 200 kr. This discount will be manually added, when you are accepted in your second class.
Please read all terms and conditions for the discounts here before placing your order!
Hepcats Copenhagen is a non-profit organisation. To take classes with us you need to buy a membership.
Memberships are sold for either the spring or fall season. If you have not purchased a membership for the current season please add one from the Membership and other items sections when booking your course.